Saturday, January 26, 2008

Quadra Quilting retreat






























I spent 4 days this last week on Quadra Island at a quilting retreat. We stayed at a place called Homewood, a Christian camp that is available for groups to book. There were 36 of us in total. It was a great week. I was able to start working on Brittany's grad quilt which is what you see in one of these pictures. We were sleeping in rooms upstairs, downstairs and in another building. I got up a couple of mornings really early and sewed in my pj's. The room on the left is the one I sewed in. It had a massive fireplace and was so cozy all the time. All our meals were provided and they were awesome. All fresh, homemade meals.
I went for a walk every day, so got lots of exercise. Went down to the water one afternoon and took some pictures and I have a couple here.
I have already booked for next year. It was such a good way to meet new people and get to know others better. cheers, margie

7 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

That's a great picture of you Margie in your pj's. And Brittany's quilt is going to be beautiful. It sure looks like a wonderful place to spend some quiet time and relax. I love that big room.

Wet Coasters said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! Is the last picture your quilt? Very nice!

Mary Shaughnessy said...

Margie, that looks like the perfect getaway for you! it reminds me of my time at ArtFest in Port Townsend 2 years ago...4 luxurious days of painting and printmaking workshops, living in the army barracks, eating in the cafeteria, running along the beach...very fun!

margie said...

Yes, Kathy that is just a part of the quilt.It will be a queen size.
MB, it sounds like your getaway. I am already looking forward to next year.

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Margie and MaryBeth, you two are missing a picture on your blog. Could we see what you look like?

Mary Shaughnessy said...

mom, have you forgotten what your daughters look like??!!

Pat Shaughnessy said...

How could I? I just don't like to see a blank where there could be a beautiful picture!