Thursday, November 29, 2007

An Iconic View of Vancouver



I took these pictures of the Lions this morning on my way down from Grouse Mountain. It is a fairly rare combination of sunny blue skies and fresh snow on our local hills. The boys are chompin' at the bit to go skiing, which we will probably do this weekend...need to get organized with all the gear! I did not see any wildlife on my hike to the top of Grouse, but I heard lots of little birdies in the bushes and trees...does that count?

3 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Great shots MaryBeth. I like the contrast between the two.

margie said...

you got some great shots MB. We had a beautiful day here as well. Nice to see the sun.

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Speaking of iconic, I remember being in my early teens and seeing a RCMP Mountie in his red serge uniform sitting on a beautiful black gelding in the park at Cleveland Dam. I didn't give a hoot about the Mountie, but was totally in love with his horse.
Looking back on it now I remember the scene as if it was an image on a tourist postcard, very similar to your second photo on this posting.
Roma