Tuesday, September 25, 2007

50 mile ride in Long Island

These are the three pictures that I bought from the photographer at the last ride that I did two weekends ago. They are scans of printed digital pictures so they're not the greatest quality (kind of grainy and the photographer's printer wasn't that great either cause it left lines on the pictures).

I'll be riding Sakic again on Thanksgiving weekend in the last ride of the year down in Oyen (about 4 hours south east of Edmonton almost on the AB/SK border). It'll be his first 100, so we're planning for an easy slow day. Lisa is going to be riding with me on Flint on her first 100 too. Flint has done lots of 100's and is a pro. He's won many Grand Champion and Best Condition awards under Christy's daughter, Jaylene, who rides as a junior (under 16).


Sakic and I heading out at 7:30 am to warm up before the start of the race


He's a cutie!


The last bit of warm up in the morning before heading off down the trail

2 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

I like these photos of you Brenda. You look so 'natural' in the saddle. It's too bad the colour is not good. Good luck and have a great time on your Thanksgiving weekend ride.
Love,
Grandma

Brenda said...

Thanks Grandma! It's hard to get pictures of me actually riding because people are always too busy to take them, and I don't trust other people with my camera anyways... So when ever a photographer comes to a rides (which is not often) I buy a picture or two (or three!) from them.

The last ride I was at where there was a photographer was in Red Deer two years at a Competitive Trail Ride (Hailey and I were second). Now that I think about it I should scan and post one of those pictures.

I'd love to bring my camera with me on the trail to take pictures of the beautiful places I ride through, but it would be a tragedy if I dropped it in a mud puddle or a river, or it got rained on and was wrecked. I need a smaller one that fits in a pocket and isn't expensive.