Monday, June 27, 2011

New Life in the Valley

June is the month that the does have their fawns
and we have been on the lookout for the new families.

While walking in our pastures I saw what looked like two ears
sticking up out of the grass. Can you see them in this photo?

As I walked over to get a closer look the ears got lower and lower in the grass and then disappeared. I found who the ears belonged to, took a couple of photos and quickly left the area.

Peter saw this doe and her twin fawns when he was driving by the hay shed.

We are careful not to stress the does and are wary of them as they are very protective of their fawns. We have been challenged by charging does and pick Pahokee up and carry him if we see does, with or without their fawns, as they would likely attack him.

2 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

That is so neat Roma. Cute little fawn!

Wet Coasters said...

Nice photos. We have a doe and twins here too, but have not taken any pics. She ate my rose bush, I can take a picture of that though!