Ski Racers

On December 30th, Nicholas and Oliver were in their first ever downhill ski race...it was a slalom event, where they have to go through gates. Nicholas came first in his category (Mountainstar), and Oliver was 6th in his category (Nancy Green Ski League).
They are in the Grouse Tyee Ski Club this year, and will be up on the mountain training with the Club on Thursday nights, and all day Sundays. They are both really excited about it, as is Julian, and I may even learn some techniques so that I will not be lapped by my children!
7 comments:
Wow, they look great! Did you take the pictures MB? Congratulations to both Nicholas and Oliver, maybe we will see them on the Canadian Olympic Team someday.
thank you, auntie Kathy (from Nicholas and Oliver)! no, i didn't take the pictures...i saved them from another parent's flickr site. Julian and i were doing timing at the bottom of the course, so we didn't have any opportunities to take pictures. my feet were very cold by the end of the 2 hours (140 racers, 2 runs each)!
Wow! Nicholas and Ollie that looks like so much fun! I'm very proud of you two. Sometime I'll have to go watch you.
Love,
Grandma
Hi Grandma ,
There is a race on the 13&14 at Sun Peaks in March! Also on the 10 of January!
From, Nicholas
Congratulations you guys! looks like a lot of fun.
Nicholas, I will be in Mexico on Jan 10th so can not make that one. As for March 13 & 14 I could possibly be there. I don't have any plans for that time yet.
Love,
Grandma
Wow! Go Nicholas and Oliver!
We're so proud of you,
Love,
Aunt Roma and Uncle Peter
Post a Comment