Cache as a Superb Bird of Paradise
We have been watching the BBC Planet Earth series on dvd (highly, highly recommended!!), and had just learned about this odd Bird of Paradise that looks an awful lot like Cache...at least his "eyes" do! Those blue dots are not in fact his eyes, but feathers on his throat...he's actually looking straight up, and the black feathers of his head merge with the black of his throat and body, making it look, well, kinda weird! The female seems interested, but unconvinced.
8 comments:
I do not see a bird! Did you make this up?
what, that oval thing doesn't look like a bird to you?? it is indeed a bird, the Superb Bird of Paradise from Papua New Guinea (i think). Look it up on youtube if you want to see what it looks like when it's not in this form, and to see its little dance routine to attract the female...very funny!
A very uncanny resemblance.
Did you buy the Planet Earth series or rent it?
we are in the middle of the first dvd in the series, and we rented it from Rogers. However, we are planning to buy the set based on our experience with the first one.
I borrowed the Planet Earth series from a friend and watched it and the Blue Planet series over the course of a couple months - both definitely worth buying.
Several years ago I checked the Life of Birds series out from a library and watched the entire thing. I like this series the best of the three. Expensive, but worth it! Birds are sooo cool!
I take it you can buy it onlone at Amazon??
Post a Comment