Monday, October 06, 2008

Fall in the River Valley

These are some pictures from my last training ride of the year on September 13. I was riding Sakic, who has stolen a piece of my heart. It was the best ride I've had all year - the colors were beautiful, the weather was perfect, it was quiet and peaceful, and I was just enjoying being alive and in the company of a good friend.

The competition season is over now, so the horses are on their fall break and won't be ridden again until December or January. Instead of riding I will be spending time at Christy's as usual, but now I will be helping with cleaning tack sheds, pulling horse shoes, stocking up on winter feed, and doing property maintenance things.

I really like this guy!


River loop trail


Tanking up in the river


Anne's loop


Action shot


Sakic taking a short siesta in the sunshine

2 comments:

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Pretty photos Brenda. Beautiful Fall days to be out with your "buddy".
Love,
Mum

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Ahhhh! Sakic is so cute...looks like he's leaning into you and just loving the attention. I like the photo of the lake especially. Good job Brenda. Your ride sounds so relaxing and peaceful. Fall is my favourite time of the year.
Grandma