Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My new studio -- progress pics


It's called Little Bird Studio. Thanks to Kathy, Jerry and Moira who have been a huge support to me, I found a studio and signed a lease on it about a month ago. I couldn't have done it without you guys. I am going to be putting up a website in the next month or so, with a "shop" with my portfolio and a gallery of works for sale. I'll put a link on Gettin'Together when I it's up and running.

If you click on any of the links in the list below, it takes you to the larger photo on my flickr site:
1. a perfect long, narrow studio - lots of wallspace, 2. little bird studio, 3. temporary window covering, 4. Sky-Bird-Blue, 5. a little inspiration a little of my work, 6. creative fuel: stuff and clutter, 7. impromptu shuttlecock, 8. look at me, 9. Tim installing the track-shelves on my work wall, 10. Poplar track-shelves to hold my large canvases, 11. before my storage shelves were up, 12.shelves are in!, 13. large print of Alice Dunnigan Shaughnessy, Papa's mother, 14. one of my Qi paintings in progress - it's getting many layers of glazes, 15. Montana Winterscapes, 16. part of my inspiration board

5 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

It's looking so good Maureen! I hope you get some heat real soon so you'll be warm while you're working. Sam will love the heat too!

Maureen said...

Mom, thanks for correcting me about the name of our great grandmother in the painting. That is Alice Dunnigan Shaughnessy, Papa's mother, so my great grandmother and Brenda's great great grandmother. She is the one that everybody thought looked like Brenda or me (ahem -- when I was much thinner!)

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Looking good, Maureen. Tell us more about the studio... location, size, how you are going to use it, etc. And we are looking forward to seeing your website.

I am starting my own shop/studio soon. I have been gathering materials and waiting for the snow to disappear and the ground to thaw. Very exciting.

Mary Shaughnessy said...

maureen, i posted a comment on your flickr page, but will paste it here too...

Maureen, your studio is totally amazing and inspiring!!! i am so happy that you have that place to be creative, a place that can facilitate the next phase of your art career...way to go!!

i sent a link to your set to my two friends who paint here with me, neither of whom has a place in their teeny-tiny houses that they can carve out for painting...they will be inspired (and perhaps a little jealous!). love you!

m.b.

margie said...

Looking good Maureen! This looks like it will be a great opportunity for you to do what you really want to do. looking forward to the website.