Groundswell show



These are some panoramas of the gallery where my paintings (and those of my two friends Sarah and Elspeth) are currently hanging. The show opened on March 4th, and is up for another week. We had more than 200 people come to the opening, including a surprise visit from Margie and Brittany, but also Mom, the St. James clan, and Chris and Elena and their girls. Moira and Brian saw the show later. I really appreciated seeing everyone there...it meant a lot to me!
Preparing for this show was quite a learning process for me, and not without some stress. I tried throughout to keep it fun, but towards the end, with the deadline looming and incomplete paintings staring at me, it had shades of "work" all over it! I would do it again in a flash, though, as it really made me focus on producing. I am anxious to get back to painting, but for now I am in training mode for a 7-day mountain bike race I am doing in late June/early July. If you want to see the paintings from the show, I will be sending a link to a picasa web album soon.
4 comments:
Nice to see the gallery without the crowd that was there on Opening Night. It looks great!
Love,
Mom
Sure wish we could have been there, Mb. Looks like a great collection and I understand that you have made at least one sale. Congratulations!
Peter and Roma
Congratulations on the show MB, I heard it was a good one!
We really enjoyed being there for the show opening. Congratulations!
Post a Comment